Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Ache Part 2

As I mentioned in a prior post, A and I discovered the Vlogbrothers recently. What is so great about them is they are funny, quirky, so bright and engaged in the world.  They show kids like A that it is ok to be a nerd.....actually a nerdfighter - to dftba (don't forget to be awesome) and to try to decrease world suck. A is proud to be a nerd, but Hank and John have helped to reinforce as they would say A's "awesomeness."  Really, go watch them!

But you can also tell how much they get along with, have a strong bond with, enjoy and love their wives (Catherine and Sara, aka, the Yeti).  I thought the Dino was just such a nerd when we met in grad school, but this turned out to not be the case.

A and I are so enjoying catching up on Brotherhood 2.0 (the first year of the vlogs....we are up to July 2007).  It is great to see these guys, but it makes me sad that my nerd turned out to be a dino.  I guess I need the dino fighter in me, sad to say.  (Image from http://www.jocoteenscene.org/templates/JCL_NewsListItem.aspx?id=8580&epslanguage=EN)

No comments:

Post a Comment