Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Ache Part 3 Under the Friday Night Lights

I have long heard about how wonderful Friday Night Lights is, although I have only watched a few.  Thanks to hulu I started watching a bunch of episodes from this season.  I have to agree with what I have read about the marriage of Eric and Tami Taylor as being one of the most realistic on television.  What a fantastic show I have been missing all of these years.  In the latest episode a coworker of Tami's kisses her (when he is drunk, after karaoke) and then feels compelled to tell Coach Taylor about it (how embarrassed he was, he was sorry, etc.).  Well, Tami had not told Eric about it.  But the amazing thing with this show is that in situations like this they handle it like I always thought things would be handled when you are married.  Yes, you makes mistakes.  Neither of you are perfect.  But you understand, talk about it, move on. That is, the occasional mistake, mis-step or something that is not shared is not construed as an ultimate betrayal that is a sign of your bad character and rocks the foundation of your very existence as a couple!

I can only imagine what the Dino would have done in this situation.  Well....I guess I could imagine.   I would be "in trouble" for weeks over something like that.  Just having the Dino think I looked at another man could lead to this.  Something like what occurred in Friday Night Lights this week might lead to a lecture (very much like ones I have had in the future and that A just had to experience) about how I was not valuing family, was an untrustworthy person, etc.- but over something that was not a lie, not a betrayal, etc.

It is nice to see - even if on tv.  I believe that sort of give and take does really exist!

No comments:

Post a Comment